Filter a Media List
Modified on: Tue, 13 Dec, 2022 at 7:18 PM
The filters in the lower left-hand corner of the My Lists screen help you further examine a list or create a new one from an existing one.
To access your Saved Media Lists, click on the My Lists tab found under the Influencers tab on the main system navigation toolbar.
|1. Select the list you would like to filter.|
|2. Click the filter you would like to apply.|
|3. Select as many filter choices as you wish at a time. You can repeat these steps to apply additional filters at one time.|
|4. To remove a filter, click the “x.”|
|5. Check either all of the Contacts or Outlets found by the filter or check individual contacts or outlets.|
|6. Click Add to List to add the filtered and selected Contacts or Outlets to an existing or new list.|
|7. Click Download to either Export or create a Briefing Book to run a report on the filtered and selected Contacts or Outlets.|
|8. Click Remove to delete filtered and selected Contacts or Outlets.|
Media Outlet List Filters Include:
- Outlet Type - defines which type of print, online, and broadcast outlets.
- Outlet DMA – the designated market area for the Outlet
- Outlet City – the city in which the Outlet is located
- Outlet County- the county in which the Outlet is located
- Outlet State/Province– the State or Province where the Outlet is located
- Outlet Language – the working language of the Outlet
- Outlet Country – the country where the Outlet is located
- Subject – the beat/topic the Outlet covers
- Record Type – defines if the Outlet is public (available to everyone using Cision) or Private (available to just your organisation)
- News-Only Outlets: use this filter to see news-only or media database outlets in your search results. News-Only outlets only contribute to news items to monitoring but do not include pitching or contact information. News-Only Outlets will have ‘This is a Vocus News on Demand (NOD) outlet’ in their pitching profile. Media Database outlets have contact information for pitching and profile information.
- Affiliated Media- toggle this filter to ON to exclude affiliated media (bureaus) from your outlet search results. By default, this filter is turned OFF.
Media Contact List Filters Include:
- Subject – the beat/topic the contract covers
- Job Role – the title or responsibilities of the contact
- Contact List- This will show if any of the contacts in your results are already on any saved media lists in your system
- Outlet Type – defines in detail which type of print, online, and broadcast outlets
- Outlet DMA – the designated market area for the Media Contact’s outlet
- Outlet City – the city where the Media Contact’s outlet is located
- Outlet County- the county where the Media Contact’s outlet is located
- Outlet State– the state where the Media Contact’s outlet is located
- Outlet Country – the country where the Media Contact’s outlet is located
- Language– the Media Contact’s working language
- Social Media– what social media pages have been included in the contact’s profile
- Record Type– defines whether the contact is private, visible only to a single organisation, or public, visible to all Cision users.
- Contacts with Multiple Outlets– if you prefer to see separate records for the Media Contacts associated with multiple outlets, turn this filter on. Otherwise, Media Contacts associated with multiple outlets will have a merged record accounting for all of their outlets in your results.